This time of year makes me feel old, first my birthday, two days ago means I gain a year, then the new year happens, and another year goes by (or so I am told) so I double in age. In order to get a head start on things I will have a stab – but most likely fail – at, I decided to make some resolutions now to complete by the end of 2020.
In no particular order:
- Become passably fluent in Tagalog as its high time I was, even though I am a poor language learner.
- Have two articles minimum published somewhere, whether that be something to do with books, or to do with football.
- At least have a working draft of the novel finished, or start with a completely new and workable idea.
- Volunteer somewhere, probably somewhere bookish, a library or bookshop.
- Visit a new country. Japan, Vietnam, and India top my list now, but we are always open to suggestions. Also do some more hikes too.
- Do something else that involves books that I don’t do now, what that would be yet, I have no idea. Any suggestions?
- Keep up with the blogging, being more focused and writing/editing posts quicker. Visit my fellow bloggers more regularly too.
- Master some new cookery dishes, especially Filipino food but anything new will be good. This means trying more food which makes me even happier.
- Delve deeply into culture, so aside from travel, watch more documentaries, read different authors, discover new music, different voices, and generally be more involved.
- Be better at keeping in touch with people, which means finding time, and there are certainly things I can cut out to free some time up.
- Make time to read every day, at least an hour, and a regular time would help too.