Today my equilibrium has finally been restored. What with all the upheaval of returning to a water-logged England and having some miserable weather to contend with, I’ve been attempting to settle back into the groove of things. Having had to catch up with people and the usual life business, things haven’t always seemed like I remembered.
Today though is a wonderful day where things have just seemed to gel. First off it’s sunny, lovely and warm and all very spring like…there is that scent in the air, the taste and feeling of renewal and an escaping from the frosty wench that is Winter. Earlier I read a goodly part of the Dickens book The Uncommercial Traveller which has been woefully forgotten recently but has cheered me up since, with the unmistakably wonderful way of writing that the author has.
This afternoon is even better, firstly a football match between two teams with a lot of footballing pedigree Hull City A.F.C. and Sunderland A.F.C. formed in 1904 and 1879 respectively which was nice and evenly matched. It was a classic F.A. Cup tie, a real English treat. That is being followed, as I write by quintessential suave secret agent, widely acknowledged to be based on me, James Bond in one of the best films Live and let Die.g
As today has been so affecting, I finally feel I can go about making a list of things I want to get done this year and here it is:
- Get at least two articles featured in magazines.
- Reach a higher blog hit rate than last year by at least four thousand views
- Get the first draft of my book completed
- Be more involved with social media, Twitter, Linkedin, about.me and so on.
- Review at least 20 books by independent authors.
- Watch more substantial films, to supplement the cheese I already watch.
- Network more and get recognised for more than just being a world-class procrastinator.
- To read a shed load more classics.