So there I was yesterday, plugging away at a few draft posts when up pops a comment from the inimitable Letizia and her great blog which you shall all be checking out http://readinginterrupted.com/ , telling me that I would got a nomination for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Now I’m the least egocentric person I know, in my humble opinion and not wanting to big myself up to much, here is the great write up I was given:
‘I recently discovered his blog but am enchanted with his writing style. His book reviews and musings on all things literary are wonderfully witty. I even ordered a book he reviewed just to see if I hated the characters as much as he did!’
Now my ego trip is subsiding, I should say another big thankyou to Letizia and I hope I can keep amusing, informing and entertaining you with my sometimes wayward and haphazard meanderings. I’d tell you some future possible highlights but I haven’t written any yet so I best get to it, post haste.
Okay so without any further ado and asides I shall nominate some lucky bloggers for this award, bloggers who are inspiring, talented and probably have a very good dress sense to boot. In no particular order:
- Word by Word – A wander around all things good
- Delicately Clumsy – A whimsical take on life.
- Boomie Bol – A poetic turn of events
- nofriendasloyalasabook – An eclectic and darn good look through books
- A Rat in the Book Pile – A literary feast
- Discoveranddevour – A heartwarming jaunt through life
- TheWhyAboutThis – A mix of awesomeness
I could have written a lot more about each blogger (and blogette) but that’d spoil the experience and discovery, like knowing that Kevin Spacey is Keyser Soze before you watch The Usual Suspects.
I now also have to say seven things about me, because that’s the law of the award. I just did a post on this today so now I shall have to trawl the darkest regions for amusing things….
- I am rubbish at buying shoes, whatever I buy falls apart after 2-3 months. Cheap stuff, well made stuff, trainers, shoes, clogs, everything just hates my feet, and I wash them regular so it’s not that!
- I always try to turn up early when meeting friends (anything upto 5 hours has been known) so I can read.
- I enjoy watching, and then quoting obscure films endlessly and listening to 80’s film soundtracks, that was the best film decade ever.
- I have a bit of an obsession with maps and statistics, I’m not particularly good at maths but love the way numbers fit together.
- I was once on a roundabout in the snow and was being pushed off by a friend (Tanya Noble), fell off, rolled over in the snow and lost my glasses for a bit much to everyone’s amusement.
- Although I’ve been to Manchester Piccadilly station whilst waiting for a connecting train, I have never gone out of the doors and into Manchester proper. Just waited for a train to take me away again, and hope it doesn’t terminate at Bolton, which is probably the worst station I have ever stood in.
- I am one of those people who likes to travel….from an armchair. I like books and sitting down and not being hassled, so it’s the perfect way to explore the world.
Below are the rules for the Very Inspiring Blog Award so you can see I adhered to them and I have a liking for small print too, (honest).
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 7 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.